On World Mission Sunday (celebrated in every parish in the world), we are called to be missionary disciples especially to those most in need of the Good News of Jesus Christ. Spiritual and material sharing enables all of us, rich or poor, to be evangelized and to serve.
This special collection in the Archdiocese of Seattle includes a combination of five separate pontifical and USCCB national collections.
Our World Mission Sunday donations are distributed to:
- Propagation of the Faith serves over 1,000 of the poorest dioceses around the world – Asia, Africa, remote regions of Latin America, and the Pacific Islands.
- Catholic Near East Welfare Association provides pastoral and humanitarian support in the Middle East, India, and North Africa.
- Church in Latin America provides for pastoral projects that serve the poor.
- Church in Central and Eastern Europe rebuilds the Church’s outreach, social ministry and ministerial formation.
- Pastoral Solidarity Fund for the Church in Africa provides for pastoral projects that serve the poor.
Your participation in the mission work of the Church is essential, especially with the worldwide celebration of World Mission Sunday. We extend the appreciation of tens of thousands of lay catechists, Religious, and clergy in mission areas of the world.
The easiest way to make your contribution is through Online Giving. Just visit our website.
Or donate through the Archdiocese of Seattle Website.
|Society for the Propagation of the Faith
The Pontifical Mission Societies
70 West 36th Street, 8th Floor • New York, NY 10018
212-563-8700 • www.IAmAMissionary.org
| Office of National Collections
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
3211 Fourth Street NE • Washington, DC 20017-1194
202-541-3400 • www.usccb.org/collections
|Local Contact: Missions Office
Archdiocese of Seattle
710 9th Avenue • Seattle, WA 98104
206-382-4580 • www.seattlearchdiocese.org/wms